Corporate Development Associate at Landscape Workshop
Location: 550 Montgomery HWY, Vestavia, AL
Job Title: Corporate Development Associate
Reports to: VP of Finance, also supports COO and CEO
Position Type: Full time
The Corporate Development Associate will be responsible for the supporting financial, reporting, and special projects initiatives at Landscape Workshop, while working closely with the finance and operations teams. This position requires strong excel and analytical skills, attention to detail, a positive professional attitude, and ability to work in an entrepreneurial, performance-based environment. Two years of investment banking, transaction services, or consulting experience would be ideal preparation for this role.
• Support Landscape Workshop’s Mergers and Acquisitions activity including project management, due diligence support, post-merger integration coordination and support, and financial analysis related to transactions
• Assist in developing presentations for key stakeholders; including internal management, third party lender, private equity sponsor and board of directors
• Perform ad hoc analyses including building financial models related to strategic projects, M&A and analyzing potential growth opportunities, etc.
• Increase company-wide productivity by developing automated reporting and forecasting tools
• Manage tracking of any Landscape Workshop deal sourcing activity, including managing broker contact list, pushing out communications to that list, and searching for potential deals when directed
• Support the Landscape Workshop enterprise resource management system and troubleshoot system issues with operations team
• Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
• Provide research and analysis for opportunities to drive revenue growth and reduce costs; be capable of managing special projects and coordinating small teams
• At times, this position may report to other senior management for purposes of specific projects. The Analyst is expected to maintain a prioritized list of the projects, status, and deadlines.
• Act as a Landscape Workshop brand ambassador and uphold all core values
About Landscape Workshop:
Serving an extensive network of over 2,800 commercial properties from nine locations covering seven states, Landscape Workshop is a leading provider of route-based commercial landscaping services in the Southeastern United States. Landscape Workshop has grown significantly through acquisitions, completing eight acquisitions over the past six years. Additionally, Landscape Workshop recently completed a recapitalization with Carousel Capital, a leading private equity firm focused on investing in high-growth service companies.
Career Planning for Students
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Title: Financial Advisor
Position Type: Full time
Shades Creek Wealth Advisors, Inc., an independent wealth advisory firm headquartered in
Birmingham, Alabama is seeking an experienced Financial Advisor. An ideal candidate is
focused on delivering comprehensive financial planning services on an open architecture platform. Having an entrepreneurial mindset to execute efficiently and take an innovative approach to solve client problems is a key driver of success. Being aligned with our firm's Vision, Mission, and Core Values is paramount to joining the team.
VISION: To protect and build wealth and manage capital distribution.
MISSION: Organize, develop, and service financial strategies that protect and build wealth for business owners, families, and investors so they can focus on living purposeful lives.
CORE VALUES: Absolute Integrity, Best Idea Wins, Authentic, Driven to Excellence, Client Interest First
Scope of Responsibilities
Interface with clients to understand current financial situation, identify present and future goals and analyze data to create financial solutions that accomplish client objectives
Client referral activities, follow-up and administrative tasks
Specific Duties & Essential Skills
Self-starter with exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills
Ten years of experience advocating comprehensive financial planning
Experience as a dually registered advisor working with alternative investments
Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; takes initiative for continuing education
Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
Energetic attitude towards projects
Experience with Redtail (CRM) and Wealthscape desired
Education and Certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business, Required
CFA Designation, Required
CFP or FINRA Registrations, Advantageous
A Financial Advisor at Shades Creek Wealth Advisors, Inc. has the potential to grow into a rewarding career with unlimited income opportunity. Our firm offers a competitive benefit package. Please contact us for a confidential discussion to learn more about our team and consideration as a candidate for this exciting opportunity. Email resumes to Gina Hunt .
CFA Institute has a wide global network of 170,000+ Charterholders and 150+ CFA Societies. 25,000+ Firms employ Charterholders. Our Charterholders hold positions of influence in most leading investment management firms in the industry. Many have enjoyed highly successful career progression from entering the profession to managing some of the world’s largest investment funds. We would like to share with you experience and knowledge of careers in finance and investment to help you bridge the gap between university and the world of work.
Trying to determine exactly what you want roles in finance to aim for and developing a strong career plan can be difficult. Understanding the finance world can also be confusing – even after several years of study. There is a lot of jargon and job roles are often unclear from the outside. Knowing which jobs are best fitted for you and your skill set can be challenging. It is important to understand what you are expecting from your ideal work life and how to achieve it. Our job role descriptions and skills analysis can help guide you on the best career path to meet your personal objectives.